Bay Area BYCers!

Does anyone have Appleyard ducks available or know of a source in the Bay Area or Sacramento? Also, anyone know of a local duck processor?
Metzer Farm in Gonzales California may have them & they ship as few as 6 ducks. I have had good luck with them. They are the nicest people to work with. I took a dy & made the drive & picked up an order but I hve also had them ship birds. They will sex for a very small fee too.

I am about a half mile from Fremont diner on 121.... Ramal road and 121 and thank you lawatt
smile.png
I just drove by there yesterday on the way to get so chickens :)

Metzer Farm in Gonzales California may have them & they ship as few as 6 ducks. I have had good luck with them. They are the nicest people to work with. I took a dy & made the drive & picked up an order but I hve also had them ship birds. They will sex for a very small fee too.

Metzers are nice folks. Hollderread in Corvallis OR has them.

Walt

Well here it goes
big_smile.png
After weeks of stalking, reading and learning I finally decided to make a post here in the Bay Area bycers. . . .my partner and I just bought a house outside of Sonoma on almost 2 acres and have decided we are going to have a coop built and get some of our own fluffy butts
smile.png
. So I wanted to say hello to all!
~Chris

Welcome! I'm down in Pleasanton, but familiar with your area! And if you've been stalking for awhile, like I did, you already know the folks on here are freindly and very informative!!

Welcome!  I'm down in Pleasanton, but familiar with your area!  And if you've been stalking for awhile, like I did, you already know the folks on here are freindly and very informative!! 

Yes I do know and very thankful! I am still learning the area. Originally from Houston and temporarily moved to San Fran before Sonoma. Soo I will have to look up Pleasanton but I am soo glad to have found this site and already met and talked to some wonderful people in my area!

Yes I do know and very thankful! I am still learning the area. Originally from Houston and temporarily moved to San Fran before Sonoma. Soo I will have to look up Pleasanton but I am soo glad to have found this site and already met and talked to some wonderful people in my area!

Welcome! I'm in Santa Rosa, but my hubby passes by your way to get to work. You'll love keeping chickens. Build a BIG coop, because you'll end up wanting more than you originally plan for. Happens to everyone! Chicken Math.
big_smile.png

Anyone want to ad a nice cockerel to your flock? I have 4 available. If I can't find homes for them by next weekend they will be going to the stewpot. Would like to try and give them a 2nd chance before they go to the pot. All these cockerels were hatched by me and none are hatchery/feed store stock. However, I wouldn't consider them show quality birds. 2 of the 4 might pass for show quality. I have the following

1 Lavender Ameraucana 6mos old: $15 (possible SQ/BQ bird)
1 Lavender Orpington 6 mos old: $20 (possible SQ/BQ bird)
1 Buff Orpington 4 1/2 mos old: $12
1 RIR 4 1/2 mos old: $12

If you are able to take all 4 will give you a discount. I am located in the Morgan Hill/Gilroy area (just south of San Jose). Available for pick up. If you are far from me but would like any of these guys and know someone coming down my way you could have them pick them up.

Living in Saratoga (closer to Campbell really), the closest feed store is An Jan's. Are there any other feed stores close by that people would recommend? Thanks.
welcome-byc.gif

It's a little ways down the road from you but I buy King feed at Scotts Valley Feed. My husband works in Santa Cruz during the week so I just have him stop by there on his way home and pick it up for me.

Back
Top Bottom