1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

BBB's on the prowl

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Two Creeks Farm, May 25, 2011.

1. Two Creeks Farm

Two Creeks Farm Songster

Apr 23, 2011
    Hedgesville, WV
    They are a 2 weeks old today, and with the temps soaring, I would let them get some excersise while I cleaned up.

I had forgotten how well they take to people. The wife and kids have already decided that we need some that arent headed to teh freezer LOL!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Two Creeks Farm

Two Creeks Farm Songster

Apr 23, 2011
    Hedgesville, WV
    I picked this lady up yesterday and she did great. Let her out, she flew down right in front of my 4 dogs......then calmly walked back to the group haha!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In a few weeks I should have my Royal palms in here...cant wait! Then if I can get them early enough, some standard bronze

3. NevadaRon

NevadaRon Songster

May 28, 2010
    Dayton
    They're awesome! [​IMG] Here are my two, still in the brooder.

[​IMG]

4. Two Creeks Farm

Two Creeks Farm Songster

Apr 23, 2011
    Hedgesville, WV
    Hard to believe they will fill an oven shortly:lol:

5. Alexander

Alexander Songster

May 15, 2011
    Greece
    [​IMG]

Great pics. I wish mine would hatch [​IMG]

6. bryan99705

bryan99705 Songster

Have you found a treat they like? All mine like is their feed and bugs. I've tried apple, bread, melon, lettuce and they just step on it as they're chasing a bug. [​IMG]

7. Two Creeks Farm

Two Creeks Farm Songster

Apr 23, 2011
    Hedgesville, WV
    Pretty much the same here regarding treats....and boy o they ever go after bugs LOL!

I let them out at 11 am and they stayed with me all....day...long:lol: I got them all gathered up and back in right before a nasty storm rolled in. Today they learned all about dust baths haha! It was a riot watching them. Most of them fell asleep, so much so that my youngest son swore they were dead! 3 wild mallards landed in the yard and they rushed them....sent the mallards scurrying!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by