BBC Sherlock Series 3 Opinions

Okay, what did you all think of The Sign of Three?
smile.png

I couldn't watch the whole thing as I had to rush my dog to the emergency vet. He's got an obsession with eating socks. I'll have to try and watch it later this week, too. I was likin' it, though!

I couldn't watch the whole thing as I had to rush my dog to the emergency vet. He's got an obsession with eating socks. I'll have to try and watch it later this week, too. I was likin' it, though!
Interesting obsession he's got there.

I loved this episode, which is a relief, since I thought the show was going downhill judging by The Empty Hearse. I especially loved the part when John asked Sherlock to be his best man, and Sherlock just stared at him. "Okay, just getting creepy now."
lau.gif

Just one question (If you didn't get to finish watching the episode, stop reading)

If Mary's pregnant, and she doesn't have the baby in the next episode...will she be pregnant for 2 years????

I thought the first episode (The empty hearse) was awful - I mean the constant repetition of the fall. Everyone had an opinion of how it went down and over and over again like the two planes hitting the two towers in 9-11. I was so disappointed and aggravated I was ready to quit watching the series.

The first two series were fantastic and made a believer out of me. I thought it was simply the best show on TV and the Brits pulled it off again.

Thank heavens Sunday's new show - Sherlock was back in his groove. But what a waste when you only get three shows and they ^&$^%& up the first one. I was nearly heartsick.

I have every confidence the last episode will be top notch. I can't wait two or three year intervals at my age. I wonder if I will be here that long., and what to watch in the interim.

My brother prefers Doc Marten - I can't tolerate that sourpuss "House" wannabee. But I still love my brother.

Last edited:
My brother prefers Doc Marten - I can't tolerate that sourpuss "House" wannabee. But I still love my brother.
Actually, Doc Martin predated House by several years. My husband likes the series too - so I'm familiar with the series and the characters - but I can't really say I'm a fan. Martin puts me in mind of a person with Asperger's, and that comes just a little too close to home to be funny to me.

I only recently found Sherlock on Netflix, which of course only has the first two seasons. Having read Arthur Conan Doyle's works many times since I was a child (and watched Jeremy Brett's interpretation more than a few times too) one of the things I have had fun with is the way the writers have managed to make references to the classic versions, but twist them, too. There appear to be lots of nods to other things, too, so I imagine I could watch each episode several times and still be like, "oh, I missed that one before." While repeating a horrific scene until the viewer wants to scream out of sheer annoyance is a device that is used a lot these days, Holmes's apparent death over Reichenbach Falls gets a lot of play in The Return of Sherlock Holmes, so I guess the writers could be said to be getting two nods for the price of one that way.

My television and I have become estranged, so I'll have to wait for season 3, *sigh*. Been having fun hearing about it on this thread, though. Maybe I'll go watch seasons 1 and 2 again . . . .

Back
Top Bottom