BBS Cochin adopt an egg hatch-a-long

Pics

junior67

Free Ranging
Jan 29, 2021
MA
I got 20 BBS Cochin eggs shipped. They came today and are resting. I will put 10 under each broody.

I candled and they seem porous. A few look to have detached air cells. I am letting them rest fat side up but a few are round so I can't tell what is the fat side. I will try to check them again before I put them under my broodys.

I labeled them S1-S20. If anyone would like to adopt one let me know. I will get pics of them numbered too.

Ok so my puppy was mad at us so took the egg carton with S19 and S20 off my stove and ate them!!!!!!! so now only have S1-18.

I am adding in an A1 which is a buff Cochin hen x Blue Cochin roo.

And H1 which is an EE Hen x Blue Cochin roo.

He has a very fluffy butt so had some fertility issues. I did trim him about 6 weeks ago but haven't since so no guarantees those are fertilized.

Attachments

• IMG_20220527_120418656.jpg
    IMG_20220527_120418656.jpg
    426.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I’ll take S12!

Good luck! Candle again in the dark tonight…it made it so much easier to see! Fingers crossed that the detached can retach!
yes I figured I would try in the dark. was more trying to see if any cracks which is why I did it then. :) Hoping the detached work out like S5!!!!!

S20 please, I'd love to add a splash cochin to my flock, soooo pretty 😍
I am SO hoping I get at least 1 splash pullet!!! I want one sooo bad!

S1--- MochaLatte
S2-- (air cell was wobbly)
S3
S4
S5
S6--- EmmaRainboe
S7--- Lenny Loves Chickens
S8
S9
S10
S11--(think detached air cell)
S12-- Iluveggers
S13
S14
S15--- SilverBirds
S16
S17--(think detached air cell) Lenny Loves Chickens
S18
A1 (buff Cochin x Blue Cochin)
H1 (EE X Blue Cochin)

Last edited:
Ok @junior67

What time are we setting tomorrow? I’m thinking mid-afternoon. You & I are both east coast, so 2? 3? I won’t be home in the morning but feel free to start without me if you don’t want to wait a few extra hours! 😂 I wonder how close you are? I’m about 3 hours from Springfield.

Back
Top Bottom