BBS Jersey Giants Need hatching buddies 9/28 day 10!!(pics)

We pulled the little guy out of the bator, on concerns about the safety of the incubator environment. Here are some cute pics. Even more on my blog at http://heatherhead.wordpress.com.

37992_dsc_0066.jpg

And with my boys:

37992_dsc_0081.jpg

great pics of your boys and the little chick!!I am getting my hatcher up and running today so i can have it ready for lock down in a couple of days!keep the pics rolling.
wee.gif

barnie.gif
Well just when You think everything is going great bad things happen around 10 am my dad calls and needs me to help him out so go to help him/get back around 2:30 my temps at 106 so in 4 and a half hours my temp goes from 99 to 106 wanted to cry no reason in the world for it to do that opened lid let cool down to 96 put lid back and re-set temp now back at 99 candled 3 eggs all moving hope they make it I am sick to my stomach!!!
he.gif

Last edited:
Mahalo--good luck on your hatch! And take a nice deep breath. They weren't that high for long, probably, and remember that just because the *air* was that temp doesn't mean the *eggs* were. Liquid (including bodies, which are mostly liquid) changes temperature much more slowly than air, so they won't have gotten that hot inside, probably. Finally, if they were moving, then they are probably fine--if they were going to die of heat stroke, they probably would have done it while it was hot, not later.
smile.png
And it probably won't cause birth defects so late in the incubation. So I'm betting that you are just fine!

Can't wait to see pics...
smile.png

Oh, goodness.......sorry to hear this! Crossed fingers & toes that all make it through & hatch okay!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom