BBW escapee

Airplaneguy57

Songster
9 Years
Feb 23, 2010
Rio Medina Texas
I feel sometimes animals find ways of looking for a good home. Last Friday my brother was at the gas station when animal control pulled up. He looks in the truck and there is a Tom BBW. He asked where did he get turkey and the animal control guy said he found him walking down the road. He stopped picked him up and was driving down the road with him. The AC asked my brother if he knew anyone who wanted a turkey. So the wife and I picked him up, saw he had lice so he was treated before coming home. He is isolated from my other birds for a couple weeks. He is so awesome. My female BBW seems not interested. I know they can't, you know. But as long as he doesn't hurt Izzy then Riddock can stay.

Wow that's awesome! What a lucky turkey!
big_smile.png

Considering that he would probably be from last year, is he big to the point that he waddles or can he walk fine? Does he appear front heavy? Heritage turkeys have White Holland, Midget White, and Beltsville White. Here is the turkey page for Steve's turkeys, he has all three pictured. http://www.sandspoultry.com/turkeys.htm

If it's a Broad Breasted, the only way I would see it walking along a road would be if it fell off a truck or something. Once they get big, they don't tend to really wander far like heritage birds can.

Back
Top Bottom