BCM/barnyard mix chicks or LOrp/BYM chicks

schambo

Songster
Jun 27, 2022
Atlantic Canada
I’m testing some eggs for fertility and experimenting with incubation (I’ve never hatched eggs before). The eggs come from a black bovans/dekalb mix, and my roosters are a blue copper marans and a lavender Orpington. I’m just wondering what either combo’s chicks are likely to look like when they hatch, so I can guess which of my Roos are doing the do. I’ve seen the BCM in action, but my LO seems to be a late bloomer.

I’m testing some eggs for fertility and experimenting with incubation (I’ve never hatched eggs before). The eggs come from a black bovans/dekalb mix, and my roosters are a blue copper marans and a lavender Orpington. I’m just wondering what either combo’s chicks are likely to look like when they hatch, so I can guess which of my Roos are doing the do. I’ve seen the BCM in action, but my LO seems to be a late bloomer.
Any blue chicks will have the Blue Copper Marans as their father.

Black chicks could come from either rooster.

Black chicks with silver (white) leakage in their feathers will probably be from the Lavender Orpington father, and females with silver (white) leakage will definitely be from the Lavender Orpington.

Black chicks with gold/red leakage in their feathers could come from either father, but are more likely to come from the Blue Copper Marans.

Any blue chicks will have the Blue Copper Marans as their father.

Black chicks could come from either rooster.

Black chicks with silver (white) leakage in their feathers will probably be from the Lavender Orpington father, and females with silver (white) leakage will definitely be from the Lavender Orpington.

Black chicks with gold/red leakage in their feathers could come from either father, but are more likely to come from the Blue Copper Marans.
So helpful, thank you!

Any guesses? Who's the daddy? IMG_0212.jpeg
IMG_0207.jpeg
IMG_0215.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom