BCM pullets or cockerels.

alexa009

Crossing the Road
6 Years
Apr 6, 2017
Texas
My Coop
My Coop
Hey guys, was wondering if I've got some pullets or cockerels in my little flock. They are black copper marans and will be 3 weeks tomorrow. I am pretty sure I know a couple of them but just wanted to be sure and know what your guys opinion was.
#1 Pullet?
DSC02458.JPG

#2 Not sure.:confused:
DSC02429.JPG

#3 Don't know about this one either.
DSC02477.JPG

#4 I'm guessing cockerel.
DSC02447.JPG

Any help appreciated, Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC02458.JPG
    DSC02458.JPG
    571.9 KB · Views: 1
The 4th one developed pretty much faster than the others, but I am guessing too it is a roo with those fast developing comb and wattles and is pretty dominant with the other chicks.

Hey guys, was wondering if I've got some pullets or cockerels in my little flock. They are black copper marans and will be 3 weeks tomorrow. I am pretty sure I know a couple of them but just wanted to be sure and know what your guys opinion was.
#1 Pullet?
View attachment 1208791
#2 Not sure.:confused:
View attachment 1208793
#3 Don't know about this one either.View attachment 1208795
#4 I'm guessing cockerel.
View attachment 1208801
Any help appreciated, Thanks!

Once the feathers on their necks start to grow in you should be able to tell, they will be long, thin and pointed. Girls will have shorter feathers with rounded tips. As for the last one, a month ago i would have said he looks like a cockeral but i have a friend with a chick that grew a huge comb at two weeks, they assumed it was a boy and made plans to get rid of it when it crowed. It grew up with a huge comb and dark red. But then one day it laid a nice pink egg. They still have her and they named her General Tso because of how close she came to being dinner. They are really unpredictable, i just got rid of my rooster who looked absolutely nothing like one, tiny little pink comb and no tail feathers. they are really cute though, especially the ones with the little tails:drool

Back
Top Bottom