BDutch's bantam flock & natural breeding projects #5 🪺 🪺 and #6

Pics
Sorry, thats really impossible.
If you want to skip the hatch from last year you can start around February of this year. When I’m considering an early hatch with broodies for 2 reasons:
  1. I like to have 2 pullets that start to lay when the oldies stop at the start of the moult before winter.
  2. Me and my husband planned a vacation in April and I like to be at home when the chicks hatch.
The early hatch was not very succesvol with just one, probably male, chick. No updates now because we are on Madeira and our neighbour looks after the chickens as long as we are away from home.
Oops my bad, I thought it said 2024. I’ll be watching for your next hatch :D

2 of my hens did a hatch this spring. But it was cold in March and the outcome was very poor.

The plan for 2 hens that lay before winter failed. Maybe I keep the little cockerel instead and give it another try next year with my own eggs.
Or I might buy another clutch with hatchery eggs in May. Not very sure yet what to do.

I like the idea to keep the cockerel and put him in a dark mini coop every evening, were he should keep quiet until 8.30 in the morning. If he gets to loud I have to give him away to someone who wants a pretty bantam Sulmtaler.

Tomorrow we are heading back home. So I can send a few chicken pictures again soon.

The last ones of Madeira. Paul do Mar:
IMG_4702.jpeg

IMG_4698.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom