Beak deformities

The technicals can all be right and the DNA can go wrong. You will be the one to decide this chick's fate - to face a struggle that other chicks don't face, knowing it may not be able to keep up or even get enough to eat for its survival. It's your call, but most of us here would urge a compassionate end.
I appreciate the advice, that's why I'm on here. I won't let it suffer. After everything I've read so far, I pretty much knew I'd have to put it down. This post was kinda my last hope for different results. Thank you for your help

We had a chick who developed this issue a lot later. We had it "fixed" but it didn't really work. And she died after a couple of months later.

I admit I was hopeful too. For what its worth scissors(with or with out a strike to the back of the head) or starting fluid with a high ether content are both pretty good from what I've seen and heard

Poor thing. Looks so defiant in one photo. Unless you want to keep the chick as a pet culling might be the thing to do.

http://www.poultrydvm.com/condition/scissors-beak
I thought about keeping it as a pet, but it's worse in person than the photos. I like it'll end up starving to death. I thought about syringe feeding it. But if I'm not home, no one else will do it. The more humane Thing is probably to put it down. Thank you for the info :)

So can he eat and drink? I agree with culling if he can't unless your willing to tube or syringe feed him
I don't think it's mouth can open enough to eat. I thought about syringe feeding it. But I take frequent trips to visit family. And I honestly think everyone will let it starve to death while I'm away.

We had a chick who developed this issue a lot later. We had it "fixed" but it didn't really work. And she died after a couple of months later.
Everything I've read says it seems to developed after a few weeks, and just continues to get worse. With it born this bad, and with theae comments. I'm not very hopeful it can be "fixed" anymore. Did you have surgery performed that was supposed to cure this issue?

Back
Top Bottom