Bean Night . . . please post YOUR recipes

I am so proud of you!!!!
now, since you cut your budget in half; use that extra money to buy the non-perishable ingredients for your bean recipe - for four nights (a years worth) and you are on your way to having a fully stocked pantry.
THEN what you do, is when you use those ingredients in something else, you shop to replace not to use, get it?
after a year of getting stocked up (just do a little at a time) you will find that you make your shopping list as you use things, soo much easier and faster than sitting and thinking over it all.
big_smile.png

We had your frejoles soup last night, & It was fantastic! It is a new family favorite. My husband told me he cant wait till I make it next week. He is a very picky eater. My kids loved it too. Well I cant wait to try your country chili, I think that will be next. I am going to try organizing and preplanning our weekly meals. We always have such a hard time figuring out what to have every night . Iam just not to sure how to get started, or where to start. what would you suggest? Thanks again for the meal ideas.~Tacey
smile.png

Quote:
Ahem, Katy- I wasn't born in Austin, but I got there as fast as I could! 1982- 2002, my adult years when I was still young enough to hit the bars all night! "KEEP AUSTIN WEIRD!" Threadgill's anyone? Shiner Bock? I worked at the Upper Crust Bakery for dog's years.....

No wonder we both like the chile peppers!
woot.gif

Quote:
I am sooo glad you liked it! If you have kids the country chili will be a hit, the cinnamon just adds that extra little flavor they love.
I have had a million emails and pm's requesting a "how to plan meals thread" so I'll start one today or tomorrow - I am so flattered that my efforts are appreciated!

Ok Katy- I made your country chili last night and tried it on the family. It was another hit. They loved it.Thats 2 for 2. I substituted a couple things, and made it to fit us. It was so good. I had never made chili homemade before. I was so proud. So thank you again, you are encouraging me to do more in the kitchen. It is alot of fun to plan like this. Oh I am a follower to your planning thread too. You are making a difference, and I appreciate it~ thank you.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom