Bean Night . . . please post YOUR recipes

I am a lazy cook. Here's my lazy bean recipe.

Black Beans

1 bag dried black beans
1 jar salsa (brand and hotness up to you)

Soak beans overnight. The next day bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes. Turn off for an hour. After that hour, dump in the jar of salsa and bring back to a boil. Simmer for 2+ hours or until beans are soft. Serve over rice, or if you are a greedy bean pig like me, straight from the pot!

tongue.png

anbody else like plain cold beans?
with all of my recipes that's still my favorite way to eat them:rolleyes:
kind of like plain boiled chicken how can you beat that flavor?

Hey Katy- The dinner plan is working great! It hasn't been a hassle at all. So we accomplish our goal! My family also loves all the great recipes that you have given us. You chili, frijoles soup and now red beans and rice are all new favorites. I had to modify them a little but they are all so yummy. Thanks again for everything. It has been a wonderful addition to our family plan! Have a great day.~Tacey
big_smile.png

Quote:
oh you are so welcome! I am so glad it is working for you . . . I will be remembered for something! lol!
Be sure to check out the new pasta night thread, all of them are kids favorites and very inexpensive - even next weeks lasagna
wink.png

hugs to your family from Idaho
Katy

Ive been trying to incorporate more beans into my diet and one of my favorites is white chicken chili. Every time I make it its a little different. Should easily feed 4. Basically

2 small cans great northern beans one drained
2 cans chicken stock
2 chicken breasts cooked, cooled and pulled
a handfull of baby carrots thinly sliced
1 Tbsp chopped green chillies from a can, more or less to your taste
salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, onion to taste
1 small can of corn, drained

bring to a simmer and cook till everything is warmed thru and carrots are cooked, 10 minutes.

sometimes I leave out the chillies and one can of beans and add some noodles for more like a chicken soup. One time all I had was creamed corn and that was good too.

I freeze the left over chillies from the can by the tablespoon in ice cube trays because I dont use them often.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share all these wonderful recipes with us. I really enjoy checking out this thread!
Can't wait for the pasta thread!!

Back
Top Bottom