Bears at the coop!!!

I have used electric fence with peanut butter smeared on it to help control deer. Wonder if a zap on a bear tongue would help?
ep.gif

Quote:
Sounds like 3-S is the way to go. For those not in the know, 3-S is: Shoot, Shovel and shut up. Also agree with previous post, "If it's near my chickens, it's bear season."

I don't know what the rules are where you live or if you sell eggs or meat from your chickens but here if something is threatening the lives of which you profit, you can shoot it! Although I now live in the city and my biggest worries are kids( I don't shoot them), raccoons and cats... one pellet to the butt and they are usually running

Get a flashlite and sit outside until it shows up and then politely ask the bear not to come back. Sounds ridiculous eh? just shoot the thing and utilize the meat, most likely it will taste like chicken. Bears will learn from previous generations where a free meal is, the fear of humans is the only way to keep a bear wild. Running them with hounds will accomplish this.

Properly installed electric fence can be a good as a means to discourage bears. However, if you have beekeepers in the area it is probable that the bears have developed a system to go through an electric fence. They are not the big stupid blundering animal that most people think.

Back
Top Bottom