Beautiful bantams: D’Uccle discussion

Pics

GldnValleyHens

Crowing
5 Years
Apr 21, 2017
Galena, Illinois
Anyone else as huge a fan of D’Uccles as I am?? Love to hear your stories and pics of your favorite D’Uccle babies! They are far my favorite bantams, for they are calm, sociable, gorgeous, and very hardy in my cold prairie climate.
I currently have three, Edna Mae is my little diva, a Mille Fleur, and her mate, a Porcelain rooster named Napoleon. Their beautiful and cocky son Edmond lives with the ducks, as he and his jerk of a father don’t get along well at all. I want to transition him back to the chicken coop, but he grew up with the ducks and they all are very close.
Also in my experience D’Uccles are easier to hatch than other bantams, and my hatch ( in a crappy incubator too) was very successful. Edmond and his sister grew and hatched out full of life! Edmond had problems early on with two splayed legs, and I feared he wouldn’t make it, but D’Uccle resilience won out, and today he is in perfect condition!

DE604049-E02A-4F80-A861-F3F965B9517D.jpeg
Napoleon Dynamite Bonaparte
EBE7C3D3-B213-4FE6-B67F-F297A956CE97.jpeg

Edna Mae

Share some pics of your birds!!!!

A5F31604-EC45-4EAC-953A-DB554F8CE964.jpeg
Love my d’uccles! I have three: two porcelain and one Mille Fleur. One of my porcelain’s has a much larger comb, and I’m wondering if she is a he - but they are 7 months old and she hasn’t crowed yet. So, we’ll see. Here’s a pic of Portia, whom I’m not sure is a pullet or a cockerel... what do you think?

View attachment 1615993 Love my d’uccles! I have three: two porcelain and one Mille Fleur. One of my porcelain’s has a much larger comb, and I’m wondering if she is a he - but they are 7 months old and she hasn’t crowed yet. So, we’ll see. Here’s a pic of Portia, whom I’m not sure is a pullet or a cockerel... what do you think?
Looks like a pullet to me.

View attachment 1615993 Love my d’uccles! I have three: two porcelain and one Mille Fleur. One of my porcelain’s has a much larger comb, and I’m wondering if she is a he - but they are 7 months old and she hasn’t crowed yet. So, we’ll see. Here’s a pic of Portia, whom I’m not sure is a pullet or a cockerel... what do you think?
Looks like a hen to me too.....Could you post a full body shot?

Back
Top Bottom