I am fortunate to have three beautiful Brahma and Americauna mixed breed young roosters. Unfortunately I don’t think it’s wise for me to keep all three as I already have their sire a big beautiful light Brahma and do not need additional roosters. But they are so beautiful and they are nice. We’d like to keep one and sell two of them. I’ll try to post photographs.
There’s a story behind this. My spunky nine year old granddaughter is interested in the farm animals so we are fortunate that we had a broody hen who became the adopted mother one of our Easter Egg Americauna’s off-spring. They seem to have had an agreement between them as they often shared a nesting box but Bonnita, the Americauna, was not interested in being a mother. She laid the eggs and Chelsey, one of our Buff Orphingtons, dutifully set on them and diligently watched over the three babies. In fact they continue to hang out together even though the three are five months old now. My granddaughter is part owner of these beautiful birds named Roscoe and Hannah and might be convinced let them go to a good home for $25 each. View attachment 2490009
Welcome to BYC!

Hi and welcome to BYC :frow We're so happy you've decided to join us :ya

I understand your delima.... One of the most beautiful roosters I've ever seen is in my freezer. My "free extra chick" managed to find his way into my Delaware breeding pen and created some really interesting crosses, but second generation (after I thought I culled all the crosses) turned out absolutely beautiful. Mom & Dad looked like pure Delaware's, but the offspring yielded Hamburg colors.

Back
Top Bottom