Beautiful Muscovy Drake needs to be rehomed.

angiels71

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 5, 2013
We have a beautiful drake who has babies on the way and he will kill them when they hatch so we have made the decision to try and find him a GREAT and loving home if there is anyone local who can provide that for him. He is HUGE and BEAUTIFUL. He is also friendly. He of course loves his swimming pool.
If anyone in the Seattle WA area wants to give him a SAFE and LOVING home, we would like to meet you.
Isaac is probably 15 lbs and he is Silver, Black and White.
I will provide photos for people who are truly interested in meeting him.

Have you also posted on your state forum? I have a Muscovy drake that has never tried to kill any ducklings that have hatched here. I keep mama and ducklings where everyone can see them but can't get to them usually for 3 weeks then they are big enough and not in a run so they can stay out of dads way. I hope you can find him a great home if this is your plan. In the coop mama and ducklings have their own space behind some lattice that has plastic poultry fencing covering it so ducklings can't get out but everyone can still see them.

We have a beautiful drake who has babies on the way and he will kill them when they hatch so we have made the decision to try and find him a GREAT and loving home if there is anyone local who can provide that for him. He is HUGE and BEAUTIFUL. He is also friendly. He of course loves his swimming pool.
If anyone in the Seattle WA area wants to give him a SAFE and LOVING home, we would like to meet you.
Isaac is probably 15 lbs and he is Silver, Black and White.
I will provide photos for people who are truly interested in meeting him.
I would be very interested in your drake, I live in Olympia, was and have an adult Peking duck and a Rouen duck who would love à friend.

Why are muscovy drakes that aggressive? Why do they kill ducklings?
I have had Muscovies for about 12 years and I have yet to have an aggressive drake. I wonder if it is a bloodline thing. I have always purchased from just one breeder until this year. I hope I don’t regret my decision to branch out and buy from someone new :confused: Unfortunately the breeder I usually buy from is having issues with predators and didn’t have any to sell

I have had Muscovies for about 12 years and I have yet to have an aggressive drake. I wonder if it is a bloodline thing. I have always purchased from just one breeder until this year. I hope I don’t regret my decision to branch out and buy from someone new :confused: Unfortunately the breeder I usually buy from is having issues with predators and didn’t have any to sell
I have never had muscovies they look kinda weird to me, but I have heard multiple stories of the big males killing ducklings and eating them. They kinda freak me out.

I have never had any of my Muscovy drakes kill a duckling but I keep my mamas and ducklings separated from the rest of the flock till they are 2-3 weeks old. Everyone can still see each other but this gives ducklings a chance to really get their legs under them well and once in with everyone they are able to stay away from any drake. Also keeps mama Muscovy from attacking everyone that gets too close. Which in their mind is about 10 foot. lol

I have never had any of my Muscovy drakes kill a duckling but I keep my mamas and ducklings separated from the rest of the flock till they are 2-3 weeks old. Everyone can still see each other but this gives ducklings a chance to really get their legs under them well and once in with everyone they are able to stay away from any drake. Also keeps mama Muscovy from attacking everyone that gets too close. Which in their mind is about 10 foot. lol
😂 truth!! I have had hens get into fights over ducklings before. Some not even setting in a nest prior! Now I also separate when there are ducklings.

Back
Top Bottom