Bebe's Puppy Thread- 2/6 Eyes are open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redyre- Do i need to worry about heat if shes in the bedroom with us? we keep the house at about 73 degrees right now- trying to wean the AC off and keep the heat off for a bit longer. . . I can get a heatpad tomorrow no problem.

I have sheets that I'll use to pad the area when the puppies arrive. If i fold them into 1/2 sheet squares and stack that they are comfy and the edges will be kept OUTSIDE the pen. . . making a nice flat area. We'll see if that works if not I'm going to go to a kiddy pool.

Also, you're saying to take the puppies out and put them in a basket with a pad so mama can stretch and avoid crushing anyone... i get that. How often do I take them out and let her feed them, or will she take them out herself when they cry ?

I got so hyped up last week about the birth that this time around is a breeze. I'm going to go watch house with the bee now but ill let you know later on when / if she has them!

oh she is huge lol-She looks like she is so ready to get them out poor girl lol, I bet those pups are going to be so big and beautiful
smile.png

Still nada. She looks like her belly has dropped even more. My vet doesn't want to do anything with Pictocin till Monday, because my dates have proven to be so wrong. . . she said even a few days early could be devastating and since shes handling it fine we can go a little longer. I personally still think they are coming in the next 12 hours or so- her temp has stayed at 98. ( .8 . 6 . 5. where we are now)

My fiance will get a heat pad on the way home because it is really cold in the house at about 4 am and its still too hot for heat.

caf.gif
we're all waiting. since nobody here is going to ever have pups I have to live vicariously (holly molly I spelled that right the first try) through other people. Your girl is just glowing

I trust my vet explicitly.. I called her back, we're going back in today for some more testing and a new set of x-rays. She's concerned because she didn't realize how big she was getting and she wants to make sure she's on hand for the birth if we need her. If she wants to do a c-section we'll do it. She tries to avoid pictocin . . . we go in for 3 pm and hopefully its good news. I've spoken to a few other vets ( including the last one to check her) and they all seem to think a pit bull should have no issues birthing if left alone. My vet is in surgery most of tomorrow and both vets are off Saturday ( and the relief vet comes in) so we need to get in there today so she can be sure to have other means of staying in touch.

I'm just worried because her temp has been low for almost 24 hours now and I'd hate to wait and lose puppies.

I don't know how some of you do this more than once a lifetime- it's so stressfull!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom