Bedding - to change or not to change?

Thank you all! It seems the general consensus is to top off as long as it isn't really wet or smelly and then clean out as needed. Hoping to have the chicks off of the enclosed porch and outside by next week as long as mother nature stops sending us 20 degree weather! The chicks love taking field trips to their coop when weather permits so I can't wait for them to be out there full time! I think that they are bored now that they know what is outside!

They won't need the heat lamp. If you are not convinced that they will be ok without supplemental heat, you can give them a huddle box. Do a thread search for the details.
I haven't tired thread searching yet but will do today - I'm assuming I just type something like "moving out of brooder" into the search bar? This is my first time ever using a forum.

I haven't tired thread searching yet but will do today - I'm assuming I just type something like "moving out of brooder" into the search bar? This is my first time ever using a forum.

By the way Nicky just for future ref, I do this in brooding in the recent few years, making multiple rooms box brooder that I closed off one room to clean the other and vice versa, it help tremendously from keeping them to have panic attacks, LOL.

Upper left is their sleeping/roosting quarter and the right one their cooler room feeding area.

9A893922-43D9-4E0D-9A00-02DE8094BFD1.png

By the way Nicky just for future ref, I do this in brooding in the recent few years, making multiple rooms box brooder that I closed off one room to clean the other and vice versa, it help tremendously from keeping them to have panic attacks, LOL.

Upper left is their sleeping/roosting quarter and the right one their cooler room feeding area.

View attachment 1322813
That is ingenius, if I may say so!

View attachment 1322813
This is absolutely amazing! Although my girls only have a week or so left on the porch I may have to try this out and put some walls up! I'll definitely be doing this when we get more next year.

Back
Top Bottom