Bee Keeping...

SamG347

Songster
12 Years
Mar 4, 2007
PA
This has always been something that has interested me. Does anyone have any good books...suppliers...and tips for keeping bees? Or plans to build a hive?
Thanks yall!
big_smile.png

Sam, we don't have bees yet, but I was interested in your post because I think I'd like to keep them someday.

Try a forum search for "bees" and you'll pull up a number of threads with some good info. There are quite a few beekeepers on here I think.

Let us know how things go!

-NiftyChick

Miss Prissy could you please PM that info to me also? I've been researching bees myself and I have friends that are wanting to start with bees this year.

Thanks.

Thanks all! And a special thanks to you Miss!!! I will have to check out a supplier. But I think I might try my hand at making the Bee-Hive instead of buying it.
smile.png

Hi, I'm getting bees in 20 days! I just wanted to suggest to you, and everyone else, to make a Top Bar Hive (TBH). They are so easy and simple to make, and you don't need extractors, frames, foundation or any of that expensive stuff. Check out www.biobees.com, they have a really nice forum thats dedicated to the TBH.
Have a great day!
Beesilly

Got chickens that looks like an awesome idea! Do you have an pictures of the hive(s) you built? Are they suppose to be just as good as a regular bee-hive?
Thanks!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom