Beef Mousse? WOW, This is actually edible!!

sixlittlechicks09

Songster
11 Years
Jul 8, 2010
Wyalusing
big_smile.png
So we had a TON of leftover pot roast from dinner a few nights ago, along with some roasted veggies and gravy. So I wanted something NEW, not just microwaved day old roast! I searched the fridge and about the only thing we had a lot of was, Cream cheese?! So I sat, stumped, thinking WHAT IN THE WORLD can I make with a ton of cream cheese and roast... And it just kind of came to me? MOUSSE! Now, I'm usually a mousse fan when it's of the chocolate variety, but this was pretty good too! I ground up what was left of the roast, potatoes and carrots in the food processor until they were Hash-y. Then I added a few tablespoons of cream cheese, what was left of the gravy, some fresh sautéed onions and mushrooms and a tablespoonish of sour cream. I blended it until it was pasty (sounds gross, but stick with me!) then I spread it on some flour tortillas and baked them in the oven for about 10 minutes!!! IT WAS SO GOOD. It came out light and crispy, but with a good meaty taste. Weird to think about, but it was really good! My mom, who hates everything, tried one and after a few grumblings about how "odd" it was she ate two more!! Just thought I'd share.
smile.png
Anyone else have weird-but-good food ideas out there?

Don't know if this is weird or good, just a story.

Back in the 70's I worked after school at the local hospital in the kitchen. A coworker was making egg salad sandwiches for the cafeteria. She accidentally used cinnamon instead of paprika in the eggs. I jokingly said just tell everyone who buys them that it is a special new recipe. So we did just that. Told everyone who bought it that it was new recipe, and if anyone did not like it we would refund their money. Sold about 2/3rd of the sandwiches, not a single person took the refund, and one came back and said it was really good.

Imp

Quote:
Wow.
=P That's great, my G-ma used to sprinkle cinnamon on my turkey and mayo sandwiches as a kid. She said it would "Keep 'yer little bones from ailing!" But in egg salad?
lol.png
Might be good!

Back
Top Bottom