Beekeepers....Everyone have your Packages/Nucs ordered?

SamG347

Songster
12 Years
Mar 4, 2007
PA
Just checking in to see if both new and old beeks have their spring bee orders in? I'm getting 5 packages this spring plus a queen from my buddy Adam at VP Queens. Going to keep a close eye out for swarms this spring...and hopefully start a few hives the easy/free way
cool.png

thumbsup.gif

Oh best of luck! My mother got me interested in beekeeping through her attendance of local meetings/constant raving.
tongue.png
We hope to start a hive after we move.

How long have you been doing it?

This is my second year....loving every minute of it. Met a lot of local expirenced beeks. Made a lot of friends high up in the beekeeping circuit...and going to get into Queen rearing next year.
big_smile.png

JP are you on Beesource or a beekeeping forum? I feel like I have seen those pics before. Also do you find a lot of the bees you are working with to be AHB?

Sam, I am a member of beesource and very active on Beemaster.com, both very good sites.

AHBs were discovered officially, in Louisiana June of 05. Since then, there have been roughly a half dozen or so verifiable accounts (tested positive) AHB colonies in my home state.

Last season I had to deal with an extremely aggressive colony that is being tested now. Most of the bees I run across are feral Italians, pretty gentle. I remove on average 130-175 colonies a year from structures and only a small handful if that are unusually aggressive.

...JP

Back
Top Bottom