Been answered thanks all! Fair price for Standard Blue Wyandotte eggs?

I have paid as low as $25 (shipping included) for 6+ eggs and up to $55 (shipping included) for 8+ eggs. I have seen well known breeders sell 6+ eggs for over a hundred dollars on eggbid.com. The more well known the breeder, the better the stock, the more show wins, etc... the more you can ask. Just from looking so much, I would say you might want to start off on the lower end and as you get more positive feedback, start raising the price. People will pay for good quality or for a breed that is not commonly offered or a color of breed that is rare to find. (For the record I am not specifically speaking of blue wyandottes, but this seems to be the general rule for most breeds, except production lines and crosses, which tend to go for much lower. The better the quality and the more well known the breeder, the higher the price.)

Hope this is helpful.

Is the pic of the chick from your stock? If so it has dark legs which doesnt meet the standard so that would be a minus in my opinion. I've got blues also but have the dark legs so no way could I ever say they are SQ. It was hard to tell from the pics of the adults about the leg color or the combs. The body type looks great but the other factors would matter also.

Quote:
Yes the chicks are. The coloring is correct of this bird.
books.google.com

Last edited:
Could you get some conformation shots of the hens?

To me, personally, the better the quality of the parent stock, the more the investment price should be.

Quote:
books.google.com

The APA standard calls for yellow legs no matter the feather color of the bird so if the legs aren't yellow they wouldn't be show quality.

Quote:
books.google.com

The APA standard calls for yellow legs no matter the feather color of the bird so if the legs aren't yellow they wouldn't be show quality.

Are these rec. by the APA in the states yet?
Also as stated in first post excellent to show quaility. I cant promise anything perfect, some of the chicks come out black... though I'm sure all my birds are perfect
wink.png
LOL
I know that in color and markings , the fowls should be like the blue Andalusian.
Also I just wanted to get a round about price for the going rate of eggs. I have bee helped with this. Thanks all!

Quote:

Are these rec. by the APA in the states yet?
Also as stated in first post excellent to show quaility. I cant promise anything perfect, some of the chicks come out black... though I'm sure all my birds are perfect
wink.png
LOL
I know that in color and markings , the fowls should be like the blue Andalusian.
Also I just wanted to get a round about price for the going rate of eggs. I have bee helped with this. Thanks all!

It's what is written in the American Standard of Perfection book put out be the American Poultry Association and what birds are judged by in the states.

Katy thanks for your help but I thought there are eight colors recognised by the APA (American Poultry Association) which are golden laced, silver laced, white, black, buff, columbian, partridge and silver penciled.
I cant find the standard blue is there some place you can point me to so I'm more clear. Thanks again for your help. I've been trying really hard to get these chickens to the highest standards and would not want anyone to be upset with there eggs if I do ship out. Everyone has been very pleased with the chicks I even have a waiting list.

In the Standard of Perfection by the APA, 1996 edition, black and white.

Pg. 49:

BLUE WYANDOTTES:

COMB, FACE, WATTLES, AND EAR-LOBES: Bright red.
BEAK: Yellow
EYES: Reddish Bay
SHANKS AND TOES: Rich Yellow
PLUMAGE: See descritpion of Blue Plumage Color, page 37.

Back
Top Bottom