Beer Bread recipe - UPDATE: Everyone try this! : D

2DogsFarm

Songster
10 Years
Apr 10, 2009
NW Indiana
Got this off the web & it seems too easy to be true.
Has anyone used this recipe & how did it come out?
If it works, have you tried any variations - like adding cheese or herbs?

Mix well & pour into a greased loaf pan:

3 cups self-rising flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 12oz can beer

Bake @ 350 for 40 minutes
Pour 1/4 cup melted butter over & bake for 10 minutes more

Last edited:
Yes! I have made this beer bread and it is delicious! Use a larger bread pan (9"x5") for 3 cups of flour. I think it would be very good with either cheese or dried/fresh herbs. I like dill and grated havarti or Italian herb blend and grated asiago.

Thanks Teresa
big_smile.png

OK - now I need to buy a 6-pack and try it myself.
I like your suggestions for cheese/herb add-ins : 9

It just sounded too darn easy...

My mom used to make beer biscuits when we were kids with "Baking Mix" (what ever brand you like use) and beer. Just the mix and beer for moisture and they were great. Always quick and easy!

Beer bread is the Bestest!!! Slice some and toast lightly in the oven then cover with cheese and put back into oven till melted!!! I do not add as much sugar as it calls for--I only add a scant 1/4 cup as 1/2 cup makes it very sweet but you will think you have gone to heaven when you bite into it!!!!! Gotta go home and make some tonight now!

I am not a beer drinker & haven;t had a party for some time, so not even any "leftover"
sad.png

I am borrowing a can from a friend whose DH drinks the stuff so I can make this recipe.

alabama49:
thanks for the tip - I usually cut the sugar in recipes, but wasn't sure this one would still work if I did.

Back
Top Bottom