Before incubation

loupan

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 24, 2011
newzealand
Do i need to candle my eggs before i put them into my incubator im worried to move them anymore then they already have been they are shipped eggs not come far but far enough to cause damage please any advise would be great
thumbsup.gif

I hope someone, who knows more than me (and that would be almost everyone), answers you. In the interim, I'll offer that I've been advised to let the eggs rest for 24-48 hours. Candling before incubating is, I think, optional. I didn't as I had practiced candling on unfertile eggs and couldn't see a thing anyway. lol Good luck with your hatch!

Last edited:
Awesome thanks i will just leave them alone and candle on day 7 i am determined not to get obsessed with candling this time round lol

I used to candle shipped eggs to see if their air cells are ruptured. Now I don't bother (you will see the irregular air cells later while candling) and just let them sit for 24 hours before incubating (helps stabilize the air cells) and it greatly improves their hatchability. You are right, the less you handle them the better
wink.png
Always wash your hands before touching your eggs. Good luck with your hatch!
D.gif

Thanks one question when i let them sit for 24 hrs do i need to turn them or not ? do i just start that when they go into incubator

Quote:
No turning for 24 hrs
smile.png
Sometimes even after I have put them in the incubator and start it up I don't turn on the turner for another day. Incubating is a learning process of trial and error. With experience you will learn what works best for you
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom