Beginner's Hatch-A-Long

Angelak, got home from work & been looking in on them but nothing yet movement or sound. I'd be happy with just two of the nine hatching. The times I've candled it hasn't looked to promising so I'm not getting my hopes up to high.

Vtguania dont feel bad on my 4th attempt,got 2 incubators going with shipped eggs and a few of my own ckn eggs,looking promising this go,but have kept humidity lower thus go around in beggining....im just hoping 2 of 3 pea babies hatch n 3 of 6 muscovey ducks hatch....1 wk.to go on pea eggs n 3 wks.on ducklings...keeping fingers,toes n anything else I can cross crossed..lol

Angelak, woke up this morning to a little crack in the shell. Just checked in on the eggs & heard a peeping from the one with a bit of crack on the shell. So far it's the only one that looks like it's peeping. Excited but still not getting my hopes up, not too high anyway.

Alright, my first hatch was a total flop (one healthy baby out of 9 eggs) so I'm trying again! I ordered 5 eggs from the same person, which may or may not have been a good idea, but I'm expecting to get lots of extras, so lets hope this time I get better results. I'm expecting to put them in the bator next friday, wish me luck!

Angelak, woke up this morning to a little crack in the shell. Just checked in on the eggs & heard a peeping from the one with a bit of crack on the shell. So far it's the only one that looks like it's peeping. Excited but still not getting my hopes up, not too high anyway.
Congratulations!

Angelak thanks. I opted for not taking the turner out since I have 2 dozen eggs in that are a week apart from the first batch. Figured I'd give it a shot see what happens. The chick had popped the top half of the shell & was sitting in the bottom half. I quickly took it out & hoped for the best. seems to be doing fine so far.

ohju1ia thanks.

Vtguania good to know that I dont have to risk my peas due a week after my ckn eggs to let my ckn eggs hatch....so ill update next week n c if my ckns hatch o.k. In turners....did u up humidity for the ckn to hatch or just left humidity alone?

Back
Top Bottom