Beginner's Hatch-A-Long

Tabatha I have the same incubator. To calibrate it I ran it empty for a full day. I have found that the adjustment is really super sensitive. When calibrating it, if the temp was too high & the light was still on I simply turned it counterclockwise a bit & checked back on the temp after about 10-15 minutes. I kept doing this till the temp stayed steady at 99.5. Of course if there are eggs in it you may want to let it stabilize for a while after only making very minimal adjustment to get the temp to 99.5. Others here may have a better suggestion. My digital thermometer reads 100 in comparison to the one that came with the incubator so I think it's fine. I still constantly check it throughout the day when I'm home. Hope that helps.

I had humidity get into my digital thermometer and ruin the temp portion of it. The humidity numbers still work but the temp numbers read all crazy. Has anyone else had a malfunction like this with this digital hydrometer/thermometer? Mine is the same model in these pictures.

Penny Hen I have not had an issue with humidity getting in it, but I've only been using it for 26 continuous days so far. I will keep an eye out for it though, if it does I will let you know. Is anyone else having issues with the tab not coming up ( the one for uploading pics, emoticons, etc)?

Penny Hen I have not had an issue with humidity getting in it, but I've only been using it for 26 continuous days so far. I will keep an eye out for it though, if it does I will let you know. Is anyone else having issues with the tab not coming up ( the one for uploading pics, emoticons, etc)?

No mine is fine but I was having problems with my Adobe Flash (the program that dives the commercials in the margins). I had to download a new copy of it.

I'm a newbie... first hatch is due to happen Monday- Wednesday... Had one hatch out yesterday! Was candling them getting ready for lockdown and noticed one had started to pip, and an hour later he was out! I collected from my barn so I'm assuming he was already started to develop before I put them all in!!! Another hatch due to hatch in an incubator Aug1-3, and a broody due to hatch them out next weekend! lots going on here! following this post now to see if there is any advice to be given!

Manningjw my temp was steady till about day 19 when I got home it had spiked to about 104-106. Then Sat morning it dropped to 90. I think that's what did them in. None of the eggs made it. I finished my home made incubator with ideas from BellLisamo's Freezer Bator (https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/freezer-bator) with a bit of my own modification. I have 12 Mille D Uccle eggs & 4 Turkey eggs I was given to see if they'll hatch. Here are a few pics after stabilizing the temp at 100.

2 computer fans for circulated air constantly on, automatic egg turner, digital thermometer/hygrometer, & light bulb for heat controlled by hot water thermostat ( abit tricky to get temp stabilized)

Light on to maintain temp (stays at 100 degrees, no fluctuation)

Have three thermometers, all read 100 degrees (one one the bottom rack)

Temp stabilized at 100 degrees

Back
Top Bottom