Belgian Malines Have Arrived!!!

Finally some pics!

The just over 13 week old roos & one pic of pullet the same age:

The almost 20 week old pullets:

Big Boris:

And Big Betty:

It will be interesting if there is a change in the meat due to the diet.

yep I am interested also to see if they grow faster or slower on purchased food. Also with not as much exercise and bugs. They will still be in a big pen but not like outside. The taste/texture test is scheduled for next weekend for the 2 I posted a picture of. I will let everyone know what our family thought of them. I think we are going to roast both at once.....one traditional with stuffing and the other will be brined first and then roasted not stuffed. Shellz said she had one tough bite of meat but the rest was nice and her bird was 17 weeks old.

yep I am interested also to see if they grow faster or slower on purchased food.  Also with not as much exercise and bugs.   They will still be in a big pen but not like outside.   The taste/texture test is scheduled for next weekend for the 2 I posted a picture of.   I will let everyone know what our family thought of them.   I think we are going to roast both at once.....one traditional with stuffing and the other will be brined first and then roasted not stuffed.   Shellz said she had one tough bite of meat but the rest was nice and her bird was 17 weeks old.  
I can't wait to hear about them! :drool We did nothing special for our first bird, so its a good baseline to judge how future birds turn out with some diet tweaking. ;)

there are 14 maline chicks that have hatched with 5 more pipping and zipping out of 24 eggs. The ones I moved to the barn are all relaxing under a heat lamp. Plus they are bellied up to the food bar.....lol. Let the eating begin!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom