Best Automatic Turner/Incubator for Goose Eggs

IMG_20190512_161352.jpg

Here Are Some Of My Last Batch...Just Wait Until They Capture Your Heart...

I really don't like to interrupt, here but U heard you must continue to keep turning and handling I am looking for Cotton Patch geese, no hatcheries sell geese of any kind after I guess April but with your problem, the one round one yellow base says automatic but not and too small. I am envious of your goose luck.

I really don't like to interrupt, here but U heard you must continue to keep turning and handling I am looking for Cotton Patch geese, no hatcheries sell geese of any kind after I guess April but with your problem, the one round one yellow base says automatic but not and too small. I am envious of your goose luck.

Thanks! I will turn them by hand unless I end up buying another incubator with a goose egg turner, but for now, I'm turning manually. :)
I wasn't aware that hatcheries stopped selling them so early in the year! I wasn't actually looking for geese when she asked me to help her out with hatching some babies but I love hatching chicks so much that I jumped at the opportunity to try hatching something different!

I have looked in the facebook marketplace, similar to Craigslist, only better. a used cabinet incubator and there are different types, sizes, only 1 thing in common, new prices for used items. but it's a place to start.good luck.

I agree, set up an alert on FB Marketplace for 'incubator'. I see a LOT of HovaBators within 100 miles of me, some of them going for as little as $15. I'd snap up a 1602 if you can, especially if it has a turner and fan. The parts are cheap and mine is dead reliable, the only difficulty being you need to calibrate some dial meat thermometers accurately.

I agree, set up an alert on FB Marketplace for 'incubator'. I see a LOT of HovaBators within 100 miles of me, some of them going for as little as $15. I'd snap up a 1602 if you can, especially if it has a turner and fan. The parts are cheap and mine is dead reliable, the only difficulty being you need to calibrate some dial meat thermometers accurately.

I actually have access to a Hovabator 1602N...I know everyone seems to swear by them but my friend hates hers and has had horrible results. I have 5 thermometers in my Little Giant (which I realize is a crummy incubator) because I don't trust any styrofoam incubator after what she's been through. Lol
I have mine as a backup, it's actually an old version that I bought with the turner for $15, it has the manual dial rather than the digital read out which seems to be less reliable than the old dials. Anyway, I think I'm going to buy one of the scratch and dent Incuview deals and use that to finish up my goose egg hatch. I just need to make sure they'll all fit because I don't think it's much bigger than the Nurture Right. I could just buy another Nurture Right but there are 2 days within the incubation period where I would have to rely on my husband to turn the eggs...let's just say I would rather have an automatic turner by then just to be safe. :rolleyes: lol!
Do you use the goose egg turner in the Hovabator?

I actually have access to a Hovabator 1602N...I know everyone seems to swear by them but my friend hates hers and has had horrible results. I have 5 thermometers in my Little Giant (which I realize is a crummy incubator) because I don't trust any styrofoam incubator after what she's been through. Lol
---
Do you use the goose egg turner in the Hovabator?
There is a learning curve to the 1602, and it works best if it's somewhere the temperature is very stable, and not too cold. But for me, in my basement (about 65 degrees), it's bang on 100 degrees at all times, and recovers after opening within a minute. I love it. But, I also love the control of it being non-digital. I have a 1588 as well, and only use it when necessary for hatching because I just don't quite trust it as well.

I don't use goose racks as I really don't hatch geese. I tried a couple times for my friend, but I just put them on the floor as she took them from a broody that quit. They were all duds, as it turned out.

There is a learning curve to the 1602, and it works best if it's somewhere the temperature is very stable, and not too cold. But for me, in my basement (about 65 degrees), it's bang on 100 degrees at all times, and recovers after opening within a minute. I love it. But, I also love the control of it being non-digital. I have a 1588 as well, and only use it when necessary for hatching because I just don't quite trust it as well.

You know, that really makes sense actually! She has an apartment off of her garage that she uses for hatching the chicks but she doesn't heat or cool it so I'm sure it's all over the place with temperature and humidity! Maybe I should try her Hovabator out and see what happens. I have a room dedicated to hatching chicks now, lol! I mean...there's also work out equipment in there but who really needs that?! :lau
5-2-19.JPG
My chick hatching station. lol, If I squeeze all of them together I'm sure I can fit at least 4 incubators on this counter. :D

Back
Top Bottom