BEST BREED OF GOAT FOR A BACKYARD FARM

I would call Town Hall and ask. I have a friend looking at a house in Danville, and she wants goats and chickens; same answer. They would at least have access to any zoning regulations (which may be different in different parts of town) and if they don't have the answer, would know who you need to ask.

Pygmy goats are hardy easy keepers. Ours have been walked in parades and gone trick or treating and petsmart as well as pet zoo/fairs and so on. I actually have a 3yr doe for sale but she isn't the touchy type will come up for food and such but that is all. I am expecting kids to arrive at any time. I do have lamanchas as well for any bottlekids that need the milk.

I replied once but I'm not sure it was to the right person...I just joined....I saw that you live in Georgia and I was wondering where you got your pygmy goats....Dianne....

We're looking at either Arapawa or San Clemente goats. Mostly because we don't need a ton of milk, so low producers are not a big deal. They are on the critical list, small (a must for us) and give enough milk to more than suffice for us to have two does and a kid. We haven't set our hat at either one, yet - though, we have found a breeding pair of Arawapas and are talking to the owners.

here is Izzie ( our San Clemente Island Goat) and her wether friends

I've had chickens, goats, rabbit, etc. and the only training my 4 mastiffs got was...don't eat that! Really, when they found out they gave eggs, nothing could get near any animals here( except raptors) Thinking of starting over again w/ a couple of milk goats and some chickens. Really looking for silkies and crevecours. No luck yet. Good luck with your animals :) Keep us posted.
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom