Best Cabinet Incubator

One thing about the GQF incubator is, the humidity is controlled by a pan with 2 wicks inside of it. Though this has proven effective for many people, I'm not a fan. It's a slow system. When my humidity is low, I want to know that something is actively working on getting it back to where it should be. The Rite Farm incubator and the 1 I built myself both have humidity system that should get the humidity back to where it should be in a quick manner. Mine, probably a little quicker. I open the incubator door and if it drops to 20%, it will get back to 50% within a couple of minutes.

Rite Farms Incubators aren't bad, either.

https://www.coopsnmore.com/Rite_Farm_Pro_352_Cabinet_Incubator_Hatcher_p/2167.htm

Personally, after building my first incubator, I don't think I'll ever spend that kind of money on an incubator. Too easy to build one and costs about 25% of the buy price.

THIS IS SO TRUE. Start with an old fridge, it has a cabinet, a door, hinges, shelves, a power cord, perhaps a light, then buy a few trays online with motors on them. I did, and the turner timer is about $6 or was it $10, I can't remember it was so trivial, so was the temperature controller and so on. It's all cheap parts and you can cut into the door of the old fridge because there are no pipes or wires in the door, and you can add wood and glass to the hole to make a nice window, and add lights inside so the eggs look SO AWESOME on chicken hatch TV that you made yourself with plenty of brooder room in it as well. Cheap, Easy, Pricelessly Satisfying.

“SPORTSMAN” incubator ? no seriously, it's auto-turn, how do I break into a sweat with the “SPORTSMAN” ? maybe I should wear one of those pulse things and a sweatband for my head while I sit on the couch watching TV while my “SPORTSMAN” does all the work. :idunno:confused::woot

One thing about the GQF incubator is, the humidity is controlled by a pan with 2 wicks inside of it. Though this has proven effective for many people, I'm not a fan. It's a slow system. When my humidity is low, I want to know that something is actively working on getting it back to where it should be. The Rite Farm incubator and the 1 I built myself both have humidity system that should get the humidity back to where it should be in a quick manner. Mine, probably a little quicker. I open the incubator door and if it drops to 20%, it will get back to 50% within a couple of minutes.

Mine has no humidity control and no water in it even. I left it out and incubated dry. Hatched out a dozen. but I think putting a tray of shallow water into the incubator when they are hatching is a good idea.

I think my next incubator will be one I build myself. You can find a used fridge for next to nothing. I have been doing process controls for nearly 30 years and am pretty handy with the tools. If you are not mam, I would go with either one of the ones mentioned above as they are probably solid units. good luck with whatever you choose and let us know how much you paid for it...

Back
Top Bottom