Best Chick Brooder heat source?

TaraD976

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 23, 2013
West Virginia
I wanted opinions on the safest and most cost effective ways to keep baby chicks warm. I have used and am currently using the basic metal clamp light with the red bulb. I am always worrying about how safe it is, specially running 24/7. I've used it in the past with no issues but wanted to try other options. Has anyone used any of the following.. Premier heat lamp, Brooder Hen by Titan Incubators, Brinsea Ecoglow, Or the Premier Chick heating plate? Other info.. I only plan on using it for 10-12 chicks at a time and indoors only.

I think the standard heat lamp should be fine. As long as it’s in a controlled area. We left ours on for days on end, and it never got close to lighting on fire, and it was hovering above (a mere inch away) some black mesh that could be flammable. But, no fires or even smoke.
:idunno

A lot of folks on here like the Mama Heating Pad. if you enter that into the title search on this site you will find a great thread about using an electric heat pad to make a cave for the little chicks to crawl under and huddle up against.

Back
Top Bottom