best chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by caspernc, Feb 28, 2011.

1. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    I don't know if this is weird but, I ordered from Ideal and had all the info on teaching the chicks how to drink and where the food is........WELL I must have the most inteligent chicks in the world!!!!!! I ordered 30, because I figured sone would not survive...ect. Well I got my chicks at 5:30 am after ordring them on sunday night. they hatched and then were sent less than 24 hours they were at my house. They jumped put of the crate went to drinking and eating and after having them for 2 weeks they are soo smart!!!!! They eat out of my hand and are just so smart. This is my first chick order and I will do it again in a heart beat. They may all be gone tomorrow but so far it has been sooooo great. I'm Happy chick mom. Thanks Ideal!!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  2. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    [​IMG] I love happy stories!! So glad for you!

3. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

4. BellevueOmlet

BellevueOmlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    I had to show my chickens how to drink and eat; and I was feeling like my chickens were the smartest out there.

Congrats on your smart babies

5. FMAFarms

FMAFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Rural Michigan
    [​IMG] Chicks can be cute... and smart! [​IMG]

6. CowgirlPenny

CowgirlPenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    South East TN
    Mine were from Ideal as well and just like yours they just popped out and went right to normal chicken stuff. Two out of the four breeds I ordered are REALLY sweet, the others are coming around.

Congrats on your happy chicks!

7. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    [​IMG] what breed are they [​IMG]

8. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    sorry for the late reply, They are Barred Rocks. About the treat thing.......I now think I have created chicken monsters. And boy a baby chick knows how to hold a grudg and they can already can give a big bad stink eye! They looked at me this morning and said " You ate oat meal, don't say you didn't, we smell it on your breath and you did not bring us ANY, BAD BAD BIG THING YOU ARE!" I came back with new water and they wouldn't even look at me. .....So double the oatmeal tomorrow.[​IMG].

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by