Best Christmas gift ever!!

erinszoo

Songster
8 Years
Jun 28, 2011
North Central Oklahoma
We have a male cat (neutered) that disappeared the day before Thanksgiving. As he likes to roam a little during the day and usually comes back by dark, we didn't think too much about him not showing up one evening to come inside because it was raining out. We figured he just holed up somewhere and would be home in the morning. However, he didn't come home the next day or the next or the next. My son, desperate to find his cat, called everyone he could think of that might have seen his cat somewhere with no luck. So we had resigned ourselves to the fact that he probably wasn't coming home again. We were all sad and bummed out wondering what could have happened to him. Well, two days ago, my daughter went outside to feed her rabbits and our cat showed up in the yard. He was skin and bones and hungry as all git out but he wasn't harmed that we could see. She brought him inside and he went between eating and talking to us for the next twelve hours or so and he hasn't left my son's side since then. He doesn't even ask to go outside now. We still have no idea where he was or what happened to him but we are THRILLED to have him home again!!

That's wonderful! Our cat disappeared a few years ago on Thanksgiving too, unfortunately he never returned.
sad.png
I am glad your story had a happier ending.

Sounds like what happened to our cat a few years ago. He came back after four days...dirty and hungry. We figured he was probably shut in someones garage. So glad that you got him back.
smile.png

Thanks all! We kind of figured someone might have been in their shed getting out Christmas decor and he got locked in or something. We had another cat that disappeared about three years ago. She was gone for 7 months and showed up in our tree house one day, walked in the house, and has never gone out the door again. We tell everyone she was abducted by aliens.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom