Best cleaners/feed

shailey

Songster
5 Years
Sep 11, 2017
I am currently trying to figure out the best cleaners for my birds waterers/feeders. (I have geese, ducks, guineas, and chickens.) I currently clean and scrub out everyones waterers and feeders daily, but I'd like something natural that would help keep everything fresh and clean, that's safe for everyone. Any ideas?
Coop cleaners, too! Ive been considering a white vinegar, peppermint/lemongrass mix for their coops, has anyone used something similar? I just want to make sure everything is safe.

Im also looking into changing the feed up just so they can be as healthy as possible. Ive recently been hearing bad things about the feed I have been giving them, so I'm wondering what everybody else uses for their flock.

My birds aren't super young anymore, so I just want them to have a nice comfortable life. :love(my youngest being maybe 3 and oldest being almost 6!)

Any suggestions, info, or ideas are greatly appreciated!

I don't use vinegar, but many people have found it to be a safe and effective way to keep feeders and waterers clean/

Im also looking into changing the feed up just so they can be as healthy as possible. Ive recently been hearing bad things about the feed I have been giving them, so I'm wondering what everybody else uses for their flock.
What feed are you using currently?

I use a layer type feed, usually at least 16% - 18 % protein. As for the brand, I like to use the most natural and organic ones I can find. I find "Flock Party layer crumbles" or pellets to be a FAVORITE among my hens, as it has meal worms crushed in with the pellets/crumble. I'm not completely sure that it is the most natural option, so I stick with Nutrena organic chicken feed for the most part.

I don't use vinegar, but many people have found it to be a safe and effective way to keep feeders and waterers clean/

What feed are you using currently?

I use a layer type feed, usually at least 16% - 18 % protein. As for the brand, I like to use the most natural and organic ones I can find. I find "Flock Party layer crumbles" or pellets to be a FAVORITE among my hens, as it has meal worms crushed in with the pellets/crumble. I'm not completely sure that it is the most natural option, so I stick with Nutrena organic chicken feed for the most part.
At the moment they all eat producers pride, I might give Nutrena a try, it looks great! Thank you for the info!

At the moment they all eat producers pride, I might give Nutrena a try, it looks great! Thank you for the info!
You're welcome ❤️

I've used Producer's Pride. What is something that makes you think it's "bad"? I've had no problem with it, but I just prefer more organic feeds. That's all.

Best cleaner for feeder/waterer is simply water, unless there's something specific you're treating for like algae. I take steps to keep my waterers algae free so I just blast it with the hose. Current feeder hasn't ever had mold issues so I just shake it out before refilling.

Best cleaner for a coop is anything dry, a good corn broom and a couple of rakes is all I need.

Best cleaner for feeder/waterer is simply water, unless there's something specific you're treating for like algae. I take steps to keep my waterers algae free so I just blast it with the hose. Current feeder hasn't ever had mold issues so I just shake it out before refilling.

Best cleaner for a coop is anything dry, a good corn broom and a couple of rakes is all I need.
I also use only water for cleaning my waterers.

Back
Top Bottom