Best cutters for cutting HC without much effort

I didn't find anything, when I did a google search, that looks like yours.

Not surprised, it’s pretty old.
Most of my tools are at least 60 years old, I find that they are of better quality than today’s tools.

I did a quick google search and freight harbour sells an electric sheet metal snipper for $35.00
They claim that it cuts 18 gauge sheet metal. Cutting hc by hand is very tedious and tiring, Buying this electric cutter may be a good idea if you lack the strength to use a hand cutter.

I did a quick google search and freight harbour sells an electric sheet metal snipper for $35.00
They claim that it cuts 18 gauge sheet metal. Cutting hc by hand is very tedious and tiring, Buying this electric cutter may be a good idea if you lack the strength to use a hand cutter.

I should look into getting one. I've been using tin snips and my hand gets blistered to the point that skin peels off, over the amount of friction and force it requires. :(

Not surprised, it’s pretty old.
Most of my tools are at least 60 years old, I find that they are of better quality than today’s tools.

Yeah old tools are the best.
Okay so this is what I found, is this it?
https://www.harborfreight.com/18-gauge-35-amp-heavy-duty-metal-shears-61737.html

Just want to reiterate that a Dremel works really, really well, and takes no strength at all. They are small and easy for anyone to use.
I already have a dremel in storage. I also have an oscillating tool and an angle grinder there as well but I will probably have to use the snips....because I don't have a garage to work in until someone builds it in May. I am enclosing the chickens 24x9 ft lean-to so it won't be too bad if the snips are good.

Found this:

Lots of good ways suggested on how to do it. I went with a little bit bigger shears from Harbor Freight since my gauge of HC for the main run was decently stout. It cut through it like running a scissors through paper. You do have to watch out for any little "nibs" of metal that might break off while cutting - I suspect that's with any method you use. In my case, they were about 3/8 inch long of straight metal/barb. I made sure to clean up well so no tires ever found them.
14 gauge shears

Back
Top Bottom