Best Deworming Method

First ... Do you know what type of worms you're trying to treat?
I don’t even know if they have worms. On Friday I found what was intestinal lining in some poo. The 13 flock 5-51/2 month old hens are all running around and eating. They get layer feed along with weeds and broccoli and cabbage and lettuce and radish leaves and pods ……. Along with red raspberries from our good sized patch near their run. No abnormal poo yesterday but today there was some soft poo with a red tinge to it in a few spots and then later some mustard looking poo. I clean the coop daily and run also turning over the wood chips daily. They have shavings in their coop which is very clean. They have 2 dust bath areas in their 12x20 ft run. They have never been wormed …. This is probably too much info but at least you know the details. They have almost all started to lay.

I don’t even know if they have worms. On Friday I found what was intestinal lining in some poo. The 13 flock 5-51/2 month old hens are all running around and eating. They get layer feed along with weeds and broccoli and cabbage and lettuce and radish leaves and pods ……. Along with red raspberries from our good sized patch near their run. No abnormal poo yesterday but today there was some soft poo with a red tinge to it in a few spots and then later some mustard looking poo. I clean the coop daily and run also turning over the wood chips daily. They have shavings in their coop which is very clean. They have 2 dust bath areas in their 12x20 ft run. They have never been wormed …. This is probably too much info but at least you know the details. They have almost all started to lay.
I'd lay off all the treats and see how the poop looks after a few days.

Second, are you sure this is safe and allowed for poultry? Can you still eat the eggs without poisoning
I would think fenbendezole is the same in any animal…….. just different doses. I was reading the other day a very detailed explanation of pancure dog dewormer and the dosages, but I can’t seem to find it. I guess I figured others knew about it also. And for reasons I won’t go into here, we would not have a problem with the eggs for us. Can one eat the eggs while dosing corrid and or the other dewormers?

I would think fenbendezole is the same in any animal…….. just different doses. I was reading the other day a very detailed explanation of pancure dog dewormer and the dosages, but I can’t seem to find it. I guess I figured others knew about it also. And for reasons I won’t go into here, we would not have a problem with the eggs for us. Can one eat the eggs while dosing corrid and or the other dewormers?
I don’t know much about dewormers or corrid. Only that some medicines/poisons that are used for pets like cats or dogs are not safe to use for chickens.
It was only meant as a warning. Be careful and do some research before you giving it to chickens.

I don’t know much about dewormers or corrid. Only that some medicines/poisons that are used for pets like cats or dogs are not safe to use for chickens.
It was only meant as a warning. Be careful and do some research before you giving it to chickens.
Thank you for responding, I am definitely researching……. I appreciate your response totally!😊

The veterinary studies of home flocks, say that on average every flock has at least 3 types of worms. Once I saw the chickens and ducks at poultry shows, I realized how important regular dewormings really are. It's simply a waste of food and nutrition to not deworm them. The parasites rob the bird of their food and vitamins and in the long run shorten their lives. We now deworm twice a year and my birds look so much better! I love mine too much to let them suffer and decline ahead of time.
Hi I am inquiring do your chickens free range or kept in a run?

Back
Top Bottom