Best Duck Brooder Practices

XIIIHens

In the Brooder
Apr 20, 2018
Salt Lake City
Hello Everyone!
This year I decided to give ducks a try. I have two magpie ducks that are a week old living in my bathroom.
Here's what I learned very quickly as new duck owner. Ducks are messy! I had heard that but I don't think I fully understood what that meant.
My question is- What do those of you who are raising ducks, or have raised them in the past do to keep your duck brooder as clean as possible? Tips? Tricks? Miraculous Products?

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks.

This is probably the best place to start.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/raising-and-caring-for-ducklings.750869/#post-10611711
I just finished brooding my 7 week old Muscovies. They are now outside in their run and new duck house. They love it.
Here was my initial set up. I tweaked as they grew. I cleaned out the worst parts of the brooder about every day to make sure most of what they were on was dry.
The thing I noticed is that they get messier the older they get. That is when you are wishing they were outside.
How old are your ducklings and what is the temperature like where you live?

Also, the sticky section in the duck forum is a great place to get lots of info regarding all things ducks. :)

Attachments

• 20180325_153255.jpg
    20180325_153255.jpg
    714.3 KB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom