Best feed

Feed whole Oats , that weigh what oats should weigh , and Alfalfa hay .

The feed companies put junk feed in for bulk , even floor sweepings .

Bet you didn't know a hen can sort grain as she eats . Light weight Oats get flipped from the feeder .

Hi guys, haven’t been on here in a while because I had such a bad struggle with my chickens a little bit ago.. well everything’s looking up and things are starting to be ok. I need a new feed and I can’t tell what’s the best. Everyone has different opinions so I just figured I would come here and ask all of you. The pictures are what I was feeding and have been feeding, I already had a few people talk to me about the corn which was really helpful. I have tried to find better grains but it’s really hard. So please just any recommendations would be much appreciated and helpful I am buying new feed today! View attachment 3632398View attachment 3632399

Hi guys, haven’t been on here in a while because I had such a bad struggle with my chickens a little bit ago.. well everything’s looking up and things are starting to be ok. I need a new feed and I can’t tell what’s the best. Everyone has different opinions so I just figured I would come here and ask all of you. The pictures are what I was feeding and have been feeding, I already had a few people talk to me about the corn which was really helpful. I have tried to find better grains but it’s really hard. So please just any recommendations would be much appreciated and helpful I am buying new feed today! View attachment 3632398View attachment 3632399

If you have a Rural King. The brand they use works best for me. Layer pellets. Plus affordable. Very comparable with ingredients and protein

Thank you so much! How do your chickens do eating the oyster shell in a separate feed? I feel like mine might not but I’m definitely going to try it, thank you!
They seem to intuitively know to eat it. We have 3 hens and only one is laying. She’s the only one serving herself the oyster shells, and it’s on the way up and down the coop door Into the run.

I have an indoor chicken that is spoiled. I tried several layer feeds but she liked Purina the best so that's what she gets in the morning. (Plus a bit of oyster shell and grit in a separate bowl) Then, around 10:30-11:00 she gets a bit of MannaPro Garden Delight or Harvest Delight, or Spring Chicken Daily Snack Bites. For dinner, it's fresh spinach, corn, blueberries, strawberries, etc. She always has the layer feed available. The bird is so cute. She follows me to the kitchen and stands there peeking her head in, like, got anything for me Mom? :)

Back
Top Bottom