best foot soak for infection?

dntd

Songster
10 Years
Dec 4, 2009
I have killer allergies and my body blisters head to toe, this time my feet are real bad, a new crop of millions of tiny blisters are coming back befor the last one completely healed, I have cracks that are a bit oozy, and my feet hurt lots. The major issue is i can't seem to keep them 100% clean and I think i might be getting a infection, I go barefeet most of the time, with these blisters it kills to ware anything. What should I soak my feet in?

I'd try epsom salt and betadine mixed together...
And then let them dry VERY well..and then wrap them... so they stay cleaner..
Good luck!

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Thanks, I have never been in so much pain when walking, it makes me walk funny;) I hope I don't come down with some wierd infection, I found an old tube of fuciden from around december when a rat bit me , I put some on just in case as that it usually what ends up being prescribed, it if isn't better by weds I'll see a DR for sure.

Last edited:
If you have allergies the betadine might make it worse because of the iodine in it. No peroxide on any deep wound of any kind. Just plain epson salts and be sure they are very dry. use cotton socks. Try to wear shoes that do not make your feet sweat. Use a "free of perfumes etc for washing all clothes and double rinse them. If possible change socks often during the day. Allergies are so bad. I had a cousin that is allergic to sunlight. I would hate that. Air the feet often during the day. Rinse and dry, dry ,dry them in between toes etc. Gloria Jean

Back
Top Bottom