Best French Black Copper Maran breeders/farms

twitterpated

Chirping
Apr 2, 2019
Eastern KY
I was thinking of possibly getting some quality French Black Copper Marans at some point but am looking for a line that will produce a good quality colored egg. I don’t trust to order from hatcheries as many say they don’t lay a true colored egg, so with that being the case who has chicks for sale and can ship? I’ve seen a few farms pop up on google search but figured y’all would know best and could possibly point me in the right direction for whenever if I decide to go this route. :)

You can check out NPIP breeders and hatcheries - maybe one is near to you. Maybe one is a cost-effective source for eggs or chicks.

Search by state:
http://www.poultryimprovement.org/statesContent.cfm

They use stock codes for types (listed on left side of above link). Here are the codes for Marans:
View attachment 1742544 View attachment 1742545
Thanks for the link! It took me a little bit to figure it out but unfortunately there isn’t anything close. Just my luck I suppose.

90877BE2-F6C5-4A46-AD2D-6B58788B940F.jpeg

I just got 4 locally and 2 are super dark. We are on day 7 of incubation so i am crossing my fingers! I am finding out i got lucky! I got all 4 for $10! I hope you find some!

Attachments

• 6D1C1346-4FA8-465E-B957-6EE6CF46A815.jpeg
    6D1C1346-4FA8-465E-B957-6EE6CF46A815.jpeg
    487 KB · Views: 5
I sell Blue/Black/Splash copper Marans. And FYI, the word "French" doesn't need to be added as all American Marans and French Marans have the same standard.

Back
Top Bottom