Best indoor chicken breed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Plus a lot of exhibition chickens are confined without range access. My chickens don’t even go out this time of year. They do love being let into the larger shed, though.
Medieval Peasants used to raise birds in houses since they couldn’t afford barns, so they laid through the winter because of the light and warmth, unlike those in coops outside. Their houses were part barn, part house. Also, nasty.
Also, they kept pigs in their houses. So they had coffin beds so the pigs wouldn’t eat them while they were sleeping.

Plus a lot of exhibition chickens are confined without range access. My chickens don’t even go out this time of year. They do love being let into the larger shed, though.
Medieval Peasants used to raise birds in houses since they couldn’t afford barns, so they laid through the winter because of the light and warmth, unlike those in coops outside. Their houses were part barn, part house. Also, nasty.
Also, they kept pigs in their houses. So they had coffin beds so the pigs wouldn’t eat them while they were sleeping.
Pigs would eat people!?!?!?!

F1227EF4-BC0A-4378-A760-BDCCA7FAF9AF.jpeg 5CADF69B-45E7-4C05-A8A1-52C9136900FB.jpeg
Jk, I agree that you shouldn’t have a chicken/chickens inside for the majority of its life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom