Best indoor chicken breed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost all the members here will tell you not to keep chickens indoors permanently.

Have you considered getting a parrot?
Bad idea tbh, I have had parrots my whole life and my mom had parrots before I was born....they are not an easy pet to own and need very tolerant, extremely patient, VERY committed owners. They are loud, messy, and can easily turn aggressive. I love my parrots but I normally don't recommend them to people. This is meant with all respect

Bad idea tbh, I have had parrots my whole life and my mom had parrots before I was born....they are not an easy pet to own and need very tolerant, extremely patient, VERY committed owners. They are loud, messy, and can easily turn aggressive. I love my parrots but I normally don't recommend them to people. This is meant with all respect
I understand that firsthand, but even keeping budgies or finches is a whole lot easier than keeping a chicken indoors.

Keeping a chicken as a house pet isn't the best idea in general.
1. Chickens are social animals, one chicken alone won't be happy
2. A chicken will poop, and and poop much more than a sane person is willing to clean from theirs floors
3. Chickens are farm animals, that spend their time with their flock foraging and looking for food, something impossible to recreate in a home setting

I say find a different pet for inside your home

Letting your chickens live outside doesn't mean they can't be your pets by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom