Best low priced incubators

Lucy Brown

Songster
Dec 31, 2020
Orange, California
So today i put in five eggs in my Vivohome incubator,(which worked really well with my last batch), and it fit only 5 eggs (6 at most). I want to continue to incubate eggs but my incubator does not let me incubate more than half a dozen of eggs. I do not want to get a pricey incubator because I do not think I will be using the incubator more than ten more times. Does anyone recommend any mid range priced incubator that works good that fits (hopefully) more than 5-6 eggs? Thanks!

My husband bought me a magicfly off amazon. Honestly I didn't have much hope but was pleasantly surprised when the temp and humidity stayed steady. I just successfully hatched 7 ducklings. I just had a bottle of water beside the incubator and topped up when the humidity dropped. I had a cheap humidity gauge that I set inside though. I had a fully automatic one previously but rather enjoyed watching the humidity level and managing it myself. I also turned the eggs by hand. Would I have liked a top of the line bator? Sure but I think sometimes it's about making do with what you have or can afford at the time. I really enjoyed the hatch.

So today i put in five eggs in my Vivohome incubator,(which worked really well with my last batch), and it fit only 5 eggs (6 at most). I want to continue to incubate eggs but my incubator does not let me incubate more than half a dozen of eggs. I do not want to get a pricey incubator because I do not think I will be using the incubator more than ten more times. Does anyone recommend any mid range priced incubator that works good that fits (hopefully) more than 5-6 eggs? Thanks!

I built my own incubator for about $50 including a cheap $5 desk fan, would have cost a little less $40 if I had known not to bother with a water heater thermostat. I have to hand turn the eggs myself. But I like that I didn't spend a huge amount on an incubator especially with the prices going up this year. And I know how it operates, if anything goes bad on it will be very easy to just fix it/switch parts without replacing the whole incubator. As it is right now it could comfortably fit about 20 chicken eggs in it at a time possibly more if I reconfigured it a little and it could also incubate much larger eggs if I ever wanted.

If you don't want to get DIY with it... The cheapest budget incubator would be a very basic still air incubator like a hovabator or farm innovator without the egg turner. You would have to turn eggs by hand for 18 days and I would recommend adding a fan perhaps this one to reduces cold spots. HTH.

Back
Top Bottom