best match for my magpie?

Ekaufee17

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 10, 2013
Pittsburgh
Hey all. Just had a question. Rescued a magpie drake a while back. Absolutely gorgeous duck. About a year old now. Only problem is, I cannot find a female for him anywhere. I do however have a khaki, couple of pekins, mallards, swedish blues... has anyone tried crossing a magpie with any of those species? I've read a lot into the genetics and hybridization of ducks, but really not a ton of info on magpie crosses. I was thinking mallard, but they're so small and quite frankly he's enormous. Ideas? I'm trying to control the reproduction of my flock but would love offspring with magpie dna.

Hey all. Just had a question. Rescued a magpie drake a while back. Absolutely gorgeous duck. About a year old now. Only problem is, I cannot find a female for him anywhere. I do however have a khaki, couple of pekins, mallards, swedish blues... has anyone tried crossing a magpie with any of those species? I've read a lot into the genetics and hybridization of ducks, but really not a ton of info on magpie crosses. I was thinking mallard, but they're so small and quite frankly he's enormous. Ideas? I'm trying to control the reproduction of my flock but would love offspring with magpie dna.
It would be an interesting cross with all three but I lean more towards the swedish, seems that would really be a pretty cross.

Yeah I was leaning towards either the pekin or swedish. My hens from both species are pretty big and hardy and I heard magpies can overdo it a little on the mating.

Yeah I was leaning towards either the pekin or swedish. My hens from both species are pretty big and hardy and I heard magpies can overdo it a little on the mating.
I doubt he's much different than other breeds of drakes they are all over the top if you ask me.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom