Best Online Hatcheries? (MyPetChicken?)

Cackle hatchery all the way!
wee.gif

Oh and Holderreads!
wink.png

I was just surfing around on Meyer Hatchery website and noticed that if you want to buy fertile hatching eggs they actually cost more money than buying the day old baby chicks. Is there any reason for this? Seems strange. Unless it means per dozen, but it doesn't look like it.

Last edited:
I have nothing but good things to say about Estes Hatchery and Cackle Hatchery and I know lots of folks that have good success with birds from Townline, a Michigan hatchery. Since you are in Michigan you should click on the links in my signature line for information about our Chickenstock on June 25th, there will be lots of chicks and chickens there as well as many other types of poultry.

Thanks 4 all the other places you've mentioned, looking into to those too
wink.png

So top best (by all you) are -

1. Cackle

2. Meyer

3. MyPetChicken

4. chickensforbackyards

My family and I are looking into these hatcheries VERY closely! Thanks for all your help. The hatchery I'm leaning towards most is Meyer Hatchery, their farm looks really nice and clean.

Yes thank you! i made a post asking what are the best online hatcheries too and didnt see yours and im going to see if i can make a deal with my mom if i can hatch out 75-80 of our chickens can i order 25 BO ^_^ i really want some i have heard nothing but good things about this breed plus my mom said she wouldnt mind if i crossed one with a RIR we could make a Buff Red
love.gif

Last edited:
I've never used My Pet Chicken, but from what I've heard they have a much higher fatality rate than other hatcheries. This is mostly due to the fact that they order their chicks from other hatcheries, then ship them to you. This process can take up to 5 days. Chicks should only be in shipping for 1-2 days. The gel (if they do include it, which is usually 50/50) dries out, or is eaten (for big orders) by day 2. I would recommend asking your local Southern States, or whatever farm supply store that sells chicks. (Minus TSC, not the best health-wise for chicks. Also less knowledgeable.) Good Luck! :thumbsup:jumpy

Back
Top Bottom