Best place to buy goose feed online

Cottage Rose If you can't afford to buy a sense of humor maybe you could rent one? Now as you well know I can be rude without even half trying. My feed dealers were horse people that didn't know a duck from a goose, but they were willing to work with me and learn. They would order anything I could find in their order list and ask about other items that I would ask about (like there are 4 different sizes of poultry grit, 5 if you count Doves)
I brought their waterfowl feed business from none to better than a pallet load every weekly truck by letting it be known among my waterfowl friends (yes even I have friends) that they could and would supply their needs.
Talked them into doing combined hatchery orders for the people that wanted just a few of a special breed. The waterfowl in their store awaiting pickup generated much interest and many customers wanted to try waterfowl so I worked with them on starter kits with the right starter feed, the correct waterers, brooder heaters, and a copy of Holderread's duck or geese book, and a website where real poultry people hang out.
Did you know that geese and horses generally get along very well together? I never dreamed that they would. Ducks not so well they are usually a little flightly for all but calm horses.
I will agree that some feed dealers can be a real PITA, some you can work with and some you can't but that's life!

Well GD...I didn't know you knew what a sense of human was.
tongue.png

Nice that your educating the feed dealers on waterfowl in your area.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
It is a husband/wife dealership that was willing to work with me, They treated me well the other dealers are on their own.
You know how some get friendly when they drink? I don't but I just don't really care that much when I am sleep deprived, silly as a gosling.....

feed that i buy for my ducks and geese is non medacted just because i do NOT know what they put in for medaction around her. a lot of people on her live in the U.S. her in canada are feed can change form province to province. because we do not have one big feed company. for me i feel that i would rather be safe then sorry.

Cottage RoseYou know I've heard this story before...feed dealers telling you what to feed your birds.
I don't get it!
barnie.gif

It's none of their dang business what you feed your birds! [b :

LMAO Not a feed dealers business what feed they sell you? What is their business saddles and tack for your poultry? LOL[/b]Ask any of them if they know anything about angel wing in waterfowl! Jerks!

This woman "insisted" I buy flock raiser and punching keys on the register and hollared back to the stock boy to get a 50 pound bag of flock raiser before I even finished my questions! It was crazy! I mentioned Angel Wing and she glazed right over and ignored my question. When the stock boy came outside I checked the protein and it was 20%...crap!!! This was after I had already paid and he was loading it in my car!!! It all happened so fast I was kind of annoyed. These were not people who were going to listen to me!!! That's for sure.​

Quote:
This woman "insisted" I buy flock raiser and punching keys on the register and hollared back to the stock boy to get a 50 pound bag of flock raiser before I even finished my questions! It was crazy! I mentioned Angel Wing and she glazed right over and ignored my question. When the stock boy came outside I checked the protein and it was 20%...crap!!! This was after I had already paid and he was loading it in my car!!! It all happened so fast I was kind of annoyed. These were not people who were going to listen to me!!! That's for sure.

Feed Nazis...
lol.png

Quote:
I understand but here the federal government not the feed companies decide what goes on the labels (not the bags, just the labels) They must note that the feed is medicated, use one of the standard names for the medication, and the dosage level of each medication. Without this required information I would do what you do and buy only un-medicated feed.

Back
Top Bottom