Best place to buy goose feed online

Biddieacres

Songster
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
I have searched on this forum and googled and having a hard time finding the best place online to buy geese/duck feed. Does anyone have any good recommendations?
Thanks!

Quote:
Yes BUY LOCALLY! most don't bother to list feed online because of the shipping problems and costs. If you don't have feed stores check for pet stores they may be able to order it for you.

oh OK. Locally they keep trying to sell me chicken grower so I thought I should order the proper feed online. Maybe I will ask them to order it for me.

oh gosh, someone told me to never feed medicated feed to geese. Maybe it is different for ducks.
idunno.gif

I honestly have no first hand knowledge about geese, but a lot of people still mistakenly believe that medicated feed is also bad for ducks, but that is not true anymore as long as the only meds in it are amprolium/amprol. I'm sure goosedragon can say if the same is true for geese.

Quote:
Yep! I don't know if anyone has my signature turned on or not but I have raised a number of goslings over the years and never had any problem with Amprolium medicated feed in ducks or geese. An arsenic compound used to be the medication of choice as it increased appitite and killed internal parasites. worked fine in chickens but the piggy waterfowl ate more feed than chickens and often overdosed. We worked hard to get out the warning and then they switched medications on us and our old warnings turned into BS. that we get repeated back to us as common knowledge. getting too old for this...... Flock Raiser is a good all around feed for people who can't get waterfowl food.

Last edited:
I don't like Flock Raiser because its a granule and waterfowl choke on granules and waste alot of it.
Plus they get water in it and it spoils quickly.
Also it's too high in protein as I recall.
See if your feed dealer will order you some Purina Duck Grower pellets. Its 16% protein.
Don't let your feed dealer tell you that you have to buy a ton of it.
My feed dealer orders me small orders of it all the time.
I think alot of feed dealers like to bully their customers just because they
don't want to go out of their way for you.
If your feed dealer isn't open to special orders try to find aother one who is.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom