Best place to buy goose feed online

I didn't mean as in choke to death.
Mainly youngsters tend to woof it down and it gets stuck in their throat but aside from that I don't like it for the other reasons as well.

I just got back from the feed store and they INSISTED I should buy Purina Flock raiser which is 20% protein. I kept telling her I wanted lower protein and she kept saying Purina has done a ton of research on this and Flock raiser is best. I don't want to cause any arguments but I am just relaying what she told me.

They are pellets and the geese seem to like it. They have only had mash. I had to buy it though because I was completely out of feed. I also got Purina Chick start and grow which has only 16% protein for the chickens. I guess they don't need as much protein?????

I just hope Purina is right and my geese don't come up with wing problems from this 20% I bought.

Last edited:
Yours are pellets? Mine are granular.

I don't know if this helps, but the purina site says this:

"Purina Mills
00ae.png
Flock Raiser
00ae.png
is a 20% protein product made from the same high-quality ingredients as Start & Grow
00ae.png
. It is higher in energy to support the faster growth rate of meat-type birds."

I would imagine that would be eating birds instead of pet birds? I'd like to know because I have some left over from when mine were smaller, and I'd hate to waste it.

I've been having problems with our local feed store also telling me what I should be feeding and that being different from what I hear from here. I've wanted a pelleted feed and they keep telling me there isn't any. I went to the Purina site and looked over their Mazuri products. I decided on their Waterfowl Maintenance http://shop.mazuri.com/mazuriwaterfowlmaintenance.aspx . I called my feed store since I know they carry Purina products and asked them to order some with their next Purina purchase. They had never heard of it, but looked it up and said they would have it in their next shipment for me. Cheaper than Purina's website list price too! (not to mention the shipping charges that were OMG expensive.

I needed feed for my ducks a fewonth back and the TSC store I had visited that day had feed for Ducks/Geese and it was a pelleted feed. Otherwise my feed store had duck grower pellets I get.which is also for geese.

Biddie, whoever told you that is full of horsehockey.

Please do yourself and your waterfowl a favor. Call Purina directly at:
(800) 227-8941

I did just that when a feed store insisted that I purchase Flock Feeder for my ducks and goose. The people that I talked to at Purina were more than helpful and even called me a few days later to make sure that I had found what I needed.

Then a week later they sent a follow up email. I couldn't be happier.

Purina has a couple of products specifically for waterfowl. Purina Duck Starter, Grower and Layer, I think are some of the products and the other is Mazuri Maintence.

They will be more than happy to direct you where you can purchase what's best for your waterfowl.

I wouldn't ever hesitate to contact them again if I had a question or concern.

Good luck!

Laurie

Quote:
You know I've heard this story before...feed dealers telling you what to feed your birds.
I don't get it!
barnie.gif

It's none of their dang business what you feed your birds!
Ask any of them if they know anything about angel wing in waterfowl! Jerks!

Muzuri products are rather pricey if you have
more than a couple birds.
I still say try to get some Purina duck feeds.
To avoid angel wing, its recommended to feed 16 - 18% protien.
Make sure to not over feed!

Quote:
You know I've heard this story before...feed dealers telling you what to feed your birds.
I don't get it!
barnie.gif

It's none of their dang business what you feed your birds! LMAO Not a feed dealers business what feed they sell you? What is their business saddles and tack for your poultry? LOLAsk any of them if they know anything about angel wing in waterfowl! Jerks!

Sorry about the above but its 4AM and I couldn't sleep. You know it is also funny that I have heard so many good things about the Purina Duck food but I have never been able to find any mention of it on a Purina website. The District and Regional managers (I am in Central N.Carolina) for Purina Feeds were at the grand opening of a local feed store that now has the exculisive right to sell Purina in our area and both of them when questioned seperately said they had no such product as Purina Duck Feed. They both tried to sell me the Muzuri line of feeds. I wonder if the duck feed is only made in one location and they won't ship it to other areas. It would be interesting to get reports of where it is and isn't available and see if the location is a factor. Again sorry about laughing at your heartfelt words, I have felt that way myself on many occasions...

Quote:
I don't get it!
barnie.gif

It's none of their dang business what you feed your birds! LMAO Not a feed dealers business what feed they sell you? What is their business saddles and tack for your poultry? LOLAsk any of them if they know anything about angel wing in waterfowl! Jerks!

Sorry about the above but its 4AM and I couldn't sleep. You know it is also funny that I have heard so many good things about the Purina Duck food but I have never been able to find any mention of it on a Purina website. The District and Regional managers (I am in Central N.Carolina) for Purina Feeds were at the grand opening of a local feed store that now has the exculisive right to sell Purina in our area and both of them when questioned seperately said they had no such product as Purina Duck Feed. They both tried to sell me the Muzuri line of feeds. I wonder if the duck feed is only made in one location and they won't ship it to other areas. It would be interesting to get reports of where it is and isn't available and see if the location is a factor. Again sorry about laughing at your heartfelt words, I have felt that way myself on many occasions...

I shouldn't have to explain this but...its a feed dealers business to sell feed, not "insist" on what you feed your animals. Sure they're suppose to know about the feeds but their main bread and butter is horses, cows, hogs and chickens. Most of them are clueless about waterfowl and exotics.
If I want to give Purina Monkey Chow to my horses that's one thing but if I want to use duck grower instead of Flock Raiser for my goslings thats certainly not unreasonable and my choice, not theirs!
Have no idea why the Purina reps don't know about their duck line other than that is par for the course in todays business world...and have you ever priced out the Muzuri line?
VERY expensive!
It could very well be the Purina duck feed is not available in all areas.

it's not just that's it's not available in my area, I can't even find it online. Nada. The only google links I get only go to websites where people are talking about feeding it or wanting it. Nothing about buying.

Back
Top Bottom