Best place to buy peafowl?

Quote:
Where are you? There is probably someone near you, but it is hard to say because I don't know where you are. Look in the local Bulletin Board if there is one.

I have never had a Pea that wasn't gentle, but they are not pets exactly. They come right up to you when you are feeding them, at least mine do, but you can't pet them or anything. But mine have never attacked anybody. I have heard of Peas that were aggressive but I have never seen one.

I would not spend the money to get one from a hatchery, they are SOOO expensive. I'll bet you can find a breeder.

Catherine

I had a pair that I bought at an auction. They were great! Then the female flew into the side of the barn?! The male went thru a real depression - molted, isolated...it was sad. He is better now but I hear they won't accept a new mate. Anyone know if that is true? I feed mine a blend of meat poultry feed, bird seed and cat chow. They fly alot more than I expected! Mine free range during the day and go in at night. They are super loud! My male has become slightly aggressive with other animals since the female died. Mostly chases the dogs. Good luck! They are so gorgeous!!

Um--they will accept another mate. At least mine will accept all the mates I will give them!
big_smile.png

I would think he would be happier if he had a ladybird.

Catherine

OK thanks for all the info but me and my dad talked and we are NOW getten Bourbon red Turkey. Yepppy

hello where are you located. we are in western kentucky we do not ship we have 12 breeder peafowl. incubate and sell chicks in summer. i will possibly post here, but usually on (dont know if i can say sites) but you can email me [email protected] in general search on advertising sites and forums and you should find some. i am not a member but there is united peafowl association that has some breeders listed. we chose not to join because of membership fees. thanks

Yes your location would help alot.......some good breeders do sale on eggbid, but be sure to check their feedback. If 0 feedback beware there are a few guys on there selling sick birds and just keep changing their user name.

Peafowl can be shipped thru the USPS, if no breeders are near you. I have shipped full grown birds, even males with full trains(tails)
I am also need male and female peafowl. Indian specie. I am a Nigerian.

Back
Top Bottom