Best place to get hardware cloth or welded wire mesh on a budget?

@ DMCLAIN ---

Got my 1 x 1 welded material here - http://www.bwire.com/index.html

Didnt rake me over the coles, although I am local and could pick the stuff up in my truck, if they have to ship it, it may add a significant amount to your costs - it is heavy stuff!

Phoenix Wire Cloth in Troy, Michigan has competitive prices and selection of hardware cloth in 100' rolls, possibly smaller, although I did not ask. If you are in Illinois, Direct Metals in Waukegan, IL (40 mi north of Chicago) also competitive pricing and 100' or smaller rolls available.

I've had such bad luck with people on Craigslist. They want an arm and a leg for what anyone else would call "junk" even though they wouldn't give you a nickel for a diamond ring.
I've found that Tractor Supply is having a really decent sale on welded wire fencing right now. You can get around 300' for about $150.
I know it's not hardware cloth, but once chicks are a few months old they won't be able to squeeze through that stuff and it keeps most predators out, assuming they go into the coop at night and you lock it up.

Craigslist is not really good for this type of stuff -

My rules with craigslist are - unless you are willing to take an absolutely POS - dont use it!!!

Back
Top Bottom